Thursday, April 24, 2008

LendingCLub - have you seen your promissory notes?

I've been a lender on LendingClub since August of 2007. Overall I'm pretty happy with the site, although I had a few early quibbles with their accounting and I don't think the site navigates as easily as Prosper.com does. Also I have difficulty finding things on the LendingClub site. One of the things I can't seem to find are my promissory notes - the legal documents that show that I have ownership of, or interest in the loans that I have made through the LendingClub website.

So I sent them the following email (address obtained by clicking on a link on their site):



The email was sent on Wednesday at 1:55 PM. By 1:57PM I had the following reply in my inbox:



It's only now that I read the note again that I realized they promised to respond in 24 business hours, which presumably means up to 3 normal days or 72 regular hours.

So, while I'm waiting, if any of my dear readers know where I can find the promissory notes for my loans, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever get a response?