Monday, January 1, 2007

Bragging Rights

So, early today I think it is a good time to review the past year. How did I do on Prosper? Is it worth my time and effort?



Rats! I'm having difficulties with HTML and the image is cut off. Here is the URL for the full-sized image.


It looks promising. It is still early and $1,000 of my loans were made in December and thus have not yet made even one payment, but the rest is looking satisfactory. Of course, Prosper raked my coals out of the fire by repurchasing my one loan that was DOA.

I'll do this again in 6 months' time and see if I'm still happy.

Up to until August/September it was hard work, reviewing loans and selecting likely winners. Lately I've come to rely more on Standing Orders and overall I'm satisfied with the picks. All that remains is to compare the performance of my SO bids with the performance of my manual bids.

With the SO set up and quietly humming away in the background, the time is near where I can let this thing take care of itself. That would provide for a satisfactory return on this type of investment - even after taxes.

No comments: